Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt position up to 20 hours per week with additional hours during peak times as necessary. Overtime is not allowed except in specific instances and only with prior approval. Shift: Primarily within 8:30 am – 4:30 pm timeframe with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Fulfills the community outreach mission of the Affiliate through education/outreach programs designed to increase the awareness and knowledge of breast health as well as Affiliate activities. Additionally, this person will work with the Grant Committee and Executive Director to implement proactive strategies to support the Affiliate’s Mission activities. This person will be charged with identifying potential grantees and developing innovative educational opportunities in accordance with the Organization’s promise.
- Maintains database of grantees and potential grantees for Request for Application (RFA) mailings.
- Complete all online grant report submissions and train grantees as needed.
- Assist with creation of all Affiliate mission-related marketing materials.
- Plan and implement the annual Grant Workshop and train all grantees on use of grant program as needed.
- Assist with the completion of the Affiliate Community Profile.
- Provides input to the Executive Director for the development of the Affiliate strategic plan in relation to community outreach, education, and grants.
- Attends meetings and planning sessions in the health care community.
- Ensures representation of Affiliate for all pertinent public policy events throughout the tristate area and on a national level.
- Initiates and encourages collaboration and cooperation among community organizations, grant recipients and breast cancer organizations.
- Recruits, orients, trains, schedules, and supervises education volunteers.
- Schedule and coordinate education volunteers at breast health presentations and health fairs.
- Develops a working knowledge of breast health resources and needs within the Affiliate’s service area.
- Prepares and maintains a resource guide for available support services (treatment, out-of-pocket expenses and community-based services) for the Affiliate’s service area and provide such support services as needed to current breast cancer patients.
- Maintains education resource center in Affiliate office
- Writes and/or edits mission-related content of Affiliate Newsletter and oversees and/or maintains mission-related content of Affiliate website and social media.
- Prepares and submits monthly report to Executive Director regarding Mission Activities
- Assist with planning and implementation of You Are The Cure mission-based events throughout the tristate.
- Implements, maintains, and grows the Speaker’s Bureau Program, to include: continued development of speaking materials and building good relationships with community organizations and other breast health providers.
- Requires a high school diploma plus 2-3 years administrative experience.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and solid organizational skills. Demonstrated high-level computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheet (Excel) applications.
- Work or volunteer experience in a not-for-profit environment desired.
- Salesforce database, Convio registration database, and PeopleSoft accounting knowledge helpful.
- Proven ability to effectively work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds, experience, knowledge level, cultures, and communication styles.
- Non-Smoking Environment
- Primarily office-type environment, but may require some outdoor activity
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Position may require occasional driving of personal vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Position may require out of town travel on occasion for training purposes
- Applicant must be able to push, pull, carry or lift a maximum weight of 25 lbs.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder, grasping, standing/walking
No vacation taken during the months of September and October.
Internal and External Contacts:
Komen Headquarters Staff
Local Board of Directors
Donors, Potential Donors
Our Mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.